MORRISTOWN, Tenn. (WVLT) -The Morristown Police Department warned holiday shoppers of ways to be safe while shopping this holiday season.
Aside from making sure you lock your car doors, here are other ways to keep your belongings and family safe:
– Shop while it is daylight.
– If shopping at night, park in a well-lit area. Park as close to the building as possible. Avoid parking next to vans, cars with dark-tinted windows, or trucks with camper tops.
– Do not leave the vehicle unoccupied while the motor is running and do not leave children unattended in a vehicle.
– Leave packages and valuables in your trunk locked or hidden out of plain sight.
– Before returning to your vehicle, locate your keys.
– Avoid carrying a purse or wallet. If carrying a purse, always keep a secure hold on your purse. Never leave purse unattended.
– If there is